The primary purpose of this blog is to show how the 16 MSDS sections can be organized into six topics in a bibliography. The topic groupings will help you to better understand the nature of the MSDS sections and the scope of the MSDS in covering topics in the occupational safety and health domain.
Click on a link to access a blog on each MSDS section listed in the six topic categories. Each blog contains a synopsis of each MSDS topic and includes references, products, and solutions.
TOPIC 1: WHAT IS THE MATERIAL AND WHAT ARE IT'S HAZARDS?
- MSDS Section 1: Substance Identity
- MSDS Section 2: Chemical Composition and Data
- MSDS Section 3: Hazard Identification
TOPIC 2: HOW DO I RESPOND TO PROBLEMS?
- MSDS Section 4: First Aid Measures
- MSDS Section 5: Fire-Fighting Measures
- MSDS Section 6: Accidental Release Measures
TOPIC 3: WHAT PRECAUTIONS CAN I TAKE TO PREVENT PROBLEMS?
- MSDS Section 7: Handling and Storage
Handling and Moving, Selecting Storage
- MSDS Section 8: Exposure Control/ Personal Protection
Local Ventilation, PPE, Monitoring Devices
- MSDS Section 9: Physical and Chemical Properties
- MSDS Section 10: Stability and Reactivity
TOPIC 4: WHAT EFFECTS COULD THE CHEMICAL HAVE ON MY BODY AND THE ECOSYSTEM?
-MSDS Section 11: Toxicological Information
-MSDS Section 12: Ecological Information
TOPIC 5: HOW DO I SHIP AND DISPOSE OF HAZARDOUS WASTE?
- MSDS Section 13: Waste Disposal Considerations
- MSDS Section 14: Transport Information
TOPIC 6: IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW?
- MSDS Section 15: Regulatory Information
- MSDS Section 16: Other Information (NFPA Hazard Rating System)
Click on linked titles to navigate to other MSDS blogs.